JPMorgan’s Jamie Dimon on Wells Fargo’s CEO Search

first_img Share Save JPMorgan Chase Wells Fargo Wells Fargo CEO 2019-05-28 Mike Albanese Previous: Industry Reacts: Home Price Appreciation Is Slowing Next: The Growth of Real Estate Investment Trusts Data Provider Black Knight to Acquire Top of Mind 2 days ago Related Articles JPMorgan Chase and Co. CEO Jamie Dimon criticized Wells Fargo’s decision to announce their CEO Tim Sloan’s departure without a succession plan already in place, according to an article from Bloomberg.Allen Parker, Wells Fargo’s General Counsel, has served as interim CEO since March.Sloan’s departure came days after a congressional hearing and criticism from regulators over the lender’s scandals.“I’d be surprised if regulators wanted that to happen because it’s irresponsible,” Dimon said at a banking conference in New York. Dimon said he had no knowledge of what led to Sloan’s exit.Bloomberg said that a Wells Fargo representative had declined to comment.Succession plans have been a topic of interest at JPMorgan in recent months as well. In April, the bank shifted responsibilities for two of its top female executives—Marianne Lake and Jennifer Piepszak—positioning them to gain further experience that could one day help them succeed Dimon.“It’s important to move people around,” Dimon said Tuesday. “I think we have two stars,” he said, referring to Lake and Piepszak.A Bloomberg report earlier this month stated that Wells Fargo’s directors have asked senior executives for input, and some are lobbying for Parker to stay on as CEO, according to people familiar with the discussions.“Although I do not know Allen well personally, I do know that he’s very highly regarded both internally and externally, especially in legal and regulatory matters,” former Wells Fargo CEO and Chairman Richard Kovacevich said in an interview with Bloomberg.As Wells Fargo is allegedly considering outside candidates only, this eliminates current senior executive Mary Mack, Head of Consumer Banking, from consideration, according to Markets Insider. Among the female executives named as possible candidates by Markets Insider are Marianne Lake, CFO of JPMorgan/Chase; Thasunda Duckett, CEO of Chase Consumer Banking; Barbra Desoer, CEO of Citibank North America; Jane Fraser, CEO of Citigroup Latin America; and Karren Larrimer, Head of Retail Banking and Chief Customer Officer at PNC Financial Services Group. Governmental Measures Target Expanded Access to Affordable Housing 2 days ago JPMorgan’s Jamie Dimon on Wells Fargo’s CEO Search Tagged with: JPMorgan Chase Wells Fargo Wells Fargo CEO  Print This Post May 28, 2019 2,013 Views Servicers Navigate the Post-Pandemic World 2 days ago About Author: Mike Albanese Demand Propels Home Prices Upward 2 days agocenter_img Data Provider Black Knight to Acquire Top of Mind 2 days ago Home / Daily Dose / JPMorgan’s Jamie Dimon on Wells Fargo’s CEO Search Demand Propels Home Prices Upward 2 days ago The Week Ahead: Nearing the Forbearance Exit 2 days ago Servicers Navigate the Post-Pandemic World 2 days ago The Best Markets For Residential Property Investors 2 days ago Governmental Measures Target Expanded Access to Affordable Housing 2 days ago The Best Markets For Residential Property Investors 2 days ago in Daily Dose, Featured, News Sign up for DS News Daily Mike Albanese is a reporter for DS News and MReport. He is a University of Alabama graduate with a degree in journalism and a minor in communications. He has worked for publications—both print and online—covering numerous beats. A Connecticut native, Albanese currently resides in Lewisville. Subscribelast_img read more

Fury wants Anthony Joshua in 2021

first_imgRelatedPosts Tyson Fury to Anthony Joshua: Don’t risk fighting Usyk Dillian Whyte to face Povetkin in November rematch Anthony Joshua, Okolie plot world title double Tyson Fury has reiterated his call for Anthony Joshua to fight him next year, now that the path to their showdown has been somewhat cleared. Dillian Whyte’s KO defeat to Alexander Povetkin on Saturday night removed the WBC mandatory that threatened to disrupt a potential undisputed fight next year.The issue of WBO mandatory Oleksandr Usyk still remains in play, and both men must first come through against Deontay Wilder and Kubrat Pulev respectively.Fury told BT Sport: “I know Eddie Hearn and Matchroom were trying to protect Joshua by not letting him fight me.“Trying to put a hurdle in the way with Dillian Whyte and, ‘If you don’t fight Dillian Whyte, you and Joshua won’t fight.’“But the fact of the matter is, I don’t need any of their fighters, they need me.“I’m the only undefeated world heavyweight champion that’s left out there.“All the rest have fell by the wayside, been chinned, knocked out, stopped and battered.“They need me, I’m a standalone ‘Gypsy King’ giant ruling the roost.“I don’t need any of them, I don’t need any of their money, what they can bring to the table.“But for the fans you want the biggest fight possible.“The biggest fight out there now is me and Joshua.“So let’s make it happen. Stop running away, stop making excuses, put your nuts in your handbag and let’s fight.“It is what it is, it’s a boxing match, you’re gonna win some, you’re gonna lose some.“They’ve got nothing to lose, they’ve already been knocked out and beat.“I’m the one who’s got something to lose – that big zero I’m carrying around with me.”Tags: Anthony JoshuaDillian WhyteTyson Furylast_img read more

11-year-old steals car and drives over 200-miles to find man he met on social media

first_imgPolice in South Carolina say the pulled over an 11-year-old who reportedly stole his older brother’s vehicle and drove over 200 miles in an attempt to find a man he met on the Snapchat app.The child was located by police on Monday morning just after midnight in Simpsonville.Authorities say they noticed the boy driving the vehicle alone and conducted a traffic stop on him.The 11-year-old, who has not been named due to his age, told authorities that he was on his way to meet a man he met on the app and planned to “live with” him. The child told police that the unknown male gave him an address but that he had gotten lost because the GPS on his father’s iPad lost signal and when he attempted to find the address on his Snapchat account, it had been deleted.Authorities contacted the child’s father who was over 200 -miles away and in the process of reporting him missing. The father and brother immediately drove to pick up the child.Officials have retained the iPad and are currently working to identify the man who reportedly sent the child the address.last_img read more