Advertisement Email Facebook Previous articleGreat Limerick Run ReturnsNext articleSavita – she died after being refused a termination admin Twitter Report By Andrew Carey PARENTS are again being warned that children are being inappropriately approached by strangers after school after a boy was followed by a man in the city. The latest incident comes following almost half a dozen reports in Limerick since the schools returned in September. Sergeant Brian Broderick the Crime Prevention Officer at Henry Street Garda Station told the Limerick Post that at 4.30pm last Thursday, a Garda who was on patrol spotted a middle-aged man walking with a young teenage boy on O’Connell Street.Sign up for the weekly Limerick Post newsletter Sign Up “The man was carrying one of the schoolboy’s bags and the Garda approached and spoke to the man where he described the schoolboy as a ‘friend’ and that they had been friends for a number of months. He also stated that he sometimes walked the boy home from school.Gardai also spoke to the boy separately and he stated that the man had engaged in some “inappropriate conversation”.Sgt Broderick said that the Gardai on scene brought the boy home, unharmed, and spoke with his parents. However “the relationship and use of inappropriate conversation is a matter of concern and this incident is being investigated by the Gardaí from Henry Street.”Parents are being asked to maintain their vigilance and to “speak to their children about approaches from strangers and also that they give clear instructions to their children that approaches of this type are not appropriate and that it is important that they report these incidents immediately to their parents, teachers or to another responsible adult.”Gardaí should also be notified of any incident that either the child or their patents are concerned about. Linkedin NewsLocal NewsParents warned after boy is followed in cityBy admin – November 14, 2012 493 Print WhatsApp
FIFA president Gianni Infantino believes the global coronavirus crisis could bring about a reform of football which he does not expect to return to action by May.”Without panic, let’s face it, we will play when we can without endangering anyone’s health,” the head of world football said.”Health first. Then everything else. And the rest, for managers, means hoping for the best but also preparing for the worst.” “But let’s look at the opportunities. We can perhaps reform world football by taking a step back. With different formats. Fewer tournaments, maybe fewer teams, but more balanced. “Fewer games to protect the health of the players.”It’s not science fiction, let’s talk about it. Let’s quantify the damage, see how to cover it, make sacrifices and let’s start again. “Not from scratch. But let’s all save football together from a crisis that risks being irreversible.”Infantino revealed he was working on temporary derogations on footballers’ contracts to avoid the June 30 deadline.”Now let’s think about the national team calendar, and about temporary changes and dispensations for the regulations on the status of players and transfers. “To protect contracts and adapt registration periods. Tough measures are needed tough. But there is no choice. We will all have to make sacrifices.”Infantino, meanwhile, dismissed talk of a planned European Super League for the top clubs.”It makes me laugh,” he said. “And what else? From what I see, others are already planning and organising tournaments around the world, outside the institutional structures, and without respect for how domestic, continental and world football are organised.”In the future we must have at least 50 national teams that can win the World Cup, not just eight European and two South American ones. “And 50 clubs that can win the Club World Cup, not just five or six European ones. And twenty of these 50 will be Europeans, which seems to me better than today’s five or six. But this is not the time to talk about it now.”Topics : World football has been thrown into turmoil by the pandemic which has killed 15,000 and confined more than a billion people at their homes.The Euro 2020 and Copa America tournaments have already been pushed back while uncertainty remains over the inaugural 24-team Club World Cup from 2021.”We need an assessment of the global economic impact,” the 50-year-old Swiss told Monday’s edition of Gazzetta Dello Sport. “We don’t know when things will return to normal.
“There’s a lot to be excited about,” Weddle said. “I’m just going to fit right in, do my job and win a bunch of ballgames.”Weddle, 34, is entering his 13th NFL season after spending three seasons with the Ravens and nine with the Chargers, who selected him in the second round of the 2007 draft.He finished last season third on the Ravens in tackles with 68. He led the Chargers in tackles five of his nine seasons but left the team after falling out of favor with since-fired coach Mike McCoy. “We have a chance to be special on defense with the pieces that we have,” Weddle said. “Obviously, starting with A.D. Obviously one of the best players in the NFL at all positions and now being able to scheme up and do things that help him to give him an advantage even more so, to let him wreck havoc. He’s an amazing talent, an amazing person, the way he works everyday. There’s a reason he’s the best player in the league.”Weddle hasn’t been in Los Angeles long, but is impressed by what he’s seen so far this offseason, especially from cornerbacks Marcus Peters and Aqib Talib. Related News Eric Weddle’s transition back to the west coast has been smooth thanks in large part to his new teammates.During his Friday appearance on “Total Access” from the American Century Championship celebrity golf tournament, the Rams safety commended the team’s defense, particularly two-time NFL Defensive Player of the Year Aaron Donald, as he expressed his excitement to join them. Cowboys’ Ezekiel Elliott taking legal action against event staffer he had altercation with “Those guys are super, super smart,” Weddle said of the duo. “The instincts are off the charts. Play-making ability. … Those two are the best I’ve ever played with in my career of guys that play with vision, play the ball, understand routes, trust a safety that is going to alert them and put them in a position to make plays knowing that I have their backs. I’m extremely excited to get on the field with them, give ’em those live reps, live-game atmosphere and take this secondary to the next level.”The former Ravens veteran reportedly fielded nearly a dozen offers following his release from Baltimore before agreeing to a two-year deal with the Rams in March. He had previously stated that he would consider retiring if the Ravens cut him, but backtracked those comments and doesn’t appear to have any regrets. Redskins’ Derrius Guice downplays hamstring injury Melvin Gordon addresses Chargers holdout: ‘I want to get paid’