Rock of Ages announces completion of $25.2 million merger with Swenson Granite of NH

first_imgRock of Ages Corporation (NASDAQ:ROAC) has announced the completion of its previously announced pending merger with a wholly owned subsidiary of Swenson Granite Company LLC, of Concord, NH, whereby Swenson acquired all of the outstanding shares of common stock of the Company that it did not previously own for $5.25 per share in cash. The transaction is valued at $25.2 million. The company is now a wholly owned subsidiary of Swenson. The Swenson family has controlled Rock of Ages for many years and Kurt Swenson has been Rock of Ages’ CEO and chairman. As a result of the merger, the Company’s Class A common stock ceased trading on the NASDAQ Global Market at the close of business on January 19, 2011, and the company expects to deregister and suspend its reporting obligations under the Securities and Exchange Act of 1934, as amended.American Stock Transfer & Trust Company has been appointed to serve as the agent for payment of the merger consideration to Company stockholders, and will promptly mail to stockholders instructions on how to surrender their stock certificates and receive payment for their shares. If a shareholder’s shares of Company stock are held by a broker, nominee, custodian or other fiduciary and is not promptly provided by them with instructions on how to receive payment for the shares, the shareholder should contact them directly for such instructions.Kurt Swenson, Chairman of the Board of the Company, said, ‘We thank our shareholders for their support over the years, and for their approval of the merger proposal, especially the unaffiliated shareholders who own no interest in Swenson, who, by the affirmative vote of approximately 86% of the shares held by those shareholders present in person or by proxy at the special meeting, supported the merger.’ BARRE, Vt.–(BUSINESS WIRE)-1.20.2011last_img read more

Cat found in Letterkenny – is he yours?

first_imgNicola Ní Dufaigh launched an appeal with us after a cat followed her neighbour home. The male cat was found in Letterkenny near St. Eunan’s College.She explains that the cat is extremely friendly, and although he doesn’t have a collar it seems that he has an owner as his coat is shiny and he appears to be well-fed. The cat has a coat like a tuxedo.Nicole said, “My mum cannot keep the cat as she is away quite a lot in Dublin, and that wouldn’t be fair on the cat. It really is someone’s cherished pet. We had a lead that it may belong to somoene in Hawthorne Heights but no owner came forward”.If you’re missing your moggy don’t hesitate to call Nicola on 0863222082 or email nicoladuffy73@gmail.com. You can also message Donegal Daily on Facebook or email info@donegaldaily.com Cat found in Letterkenny – is he yours? was last modified: August 11th, 2016 by Elaine McCalligShare this:Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window)Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)Click to share on LinkedIn (Opens in new window)Click to share on Reddit (Opens in new window)Click to share on Pocket (Opens in new window)Click to share on Telegram (Opens in new window)Click to share on WhatsApp (Opens in new window)Click to share on Skype (Opens in new window)Click to print (Opens in new window) Tags:found catletterkennymissing cattuxedo catlast_img read more

Browns’ Beckham fined for fighting, questions NFL’s system

first_imgLATEST STORIES “I don’t do physics, but if I get hit, this is not going to protect me. It’s just stuff like that. I feel like we can come to a better agreement and simplifying things and not taking the money out of the pockets of the players who are putting money into this entire game.”Sports Related Videospowered by AdSparcRead Next Chief Justice Peralta on upcoming UAAP game: UP has no match against UST PLAY LIST 01:00Chief Justice Peralta on upcoming UAAP game: UP has no match against UST02:21‘Bato’ says Robredo has to toughen up: ‘This is war…hindi ka pwedeng pa-cute cute dito’00:50Trending Articles02:11Makabayan bloc defends protesting workers, tells Año to ‘shut up’03:07PH billiards team upbeat about gold medal chances in SEA Games01:38‘Bato’ to be ‘most effective’ CHR head? It’s for public to decide – Gascon02:07Aquino to Filipinos: Stand up vs abuses before you suffer De Lima’s ordeal01:28Ex-President Noynoy Aquino admits contracting pneumonia00:45Aquino agrees with Drilon on SEA games ‘kaldero’ spending issue MOST READ “We’ll appeal it and see what they say, but I think common sense should hopefully rule.”Earlier this week, the Ravens posted a slow-motion video on their website claiming it showed proof that Humphrey didn’t choke Beckham and that he was only trying to protect himself.Beckham was aware of the video, but refused to prolong the dispute with one of Cleveland’s AFC North rivals.“It’s done,” he said. “We play them twice. We’ll see them again.”Beckham said the video doesn’t provide an accurate account of everything that transpired. His experience is that he’s often made to look like the villain when he may be a victim.“That’s the funny thing about TV, is you can see what you want to be seen,” he said. “You can show what you want to be shown. That’s what game clips are for, the game film is for. It’s a completely different angle. It’s like what I said a long time ago when it came down to the other altercation (with Norman) I had. Only clips that were being shown are exactly what they want to be shown. That’s how this world works. I’m not naive. I’ve grown up a lot.”None of this is new to Beckham, who feels targeted by opposing teams as well as the league.Beckham was recently reprimanded for wearing a nearly $200,000 watch during the Browns’ opener, and the 26-year-old said it was only an issue because he was the one with it on. The following week, he was sent off the field by officials during a game in New York because they said his helmet visor was too dark.He feels the league’s policy on fines is far too arbitrary.“It’s crazy,” he said. “The NFL finds ways to just take it (money). They’re going to take it from you. I understand a penalty, getting fined for that. But pants above the knees, a shirt hanging out, and you’re getting $5,000 taken from you? Pads above your knees? You really think that this little knee pad covering my kneecap is going to affect, if somebody hits me, weighs 250 pounds, running 18 mph. Canadian vaping study details danger from ‘popcorn lung’ chemical LA Sparks fire GM Penny Toler after postgame tirade FILE – In this Sunday, Sept. 29, 2019, file photo, Cleveland Browns wide receiver Odell Beckham, center, and Baltimore Ravens cornerback Marlon Humphrey (44) grab each other during the second half of an NFL football game in Baltimore. Browns coach Freddie Kitchens wants more consistent NFL officiating after wide receiver Odell Beckham Jr. was choked during Sunday’s game. Beckham got into a skirmish with Ravens cornerback Marlon Humphrey, who pinned the three-time Pro Bowler and had his hands around his neck before being pulled away. Both players were assessed personal fouls, but neither was ejected. Kitchens said he planned to reach out to the league about that situation in particular and officiating evenness in general. (AP Photo/Nick Wass, File)BEREA, Ohio — Odell Beckham Jr. would rather not fight. That doesn’t mean he won’t.Cleveland’s star receiver was fined an undisclosed amount by the NFL for his heated skirmish last week with Baltimore cornerback Marlon Humphrey, who appeared to choke Beckham after throwing him to the ground.ADVERTISEMENT Ethel Booba on SEA Games cauldron: ‘Sulit kung corrupt ang panggatong’ View comments Don’t miss out on the latest news and information. This jewelry designer is also an architect Beckham and Humphrey tangled throughout the Browns’ 40-25 win on Sunday. The most violent exchange came in the third quarter when the pair squared off at the end of a running play and were flagged for personal fouls.In the heat of the moment, Beckham said he didn’t know if Humphrey choked him, but said he resisted other chances to retaliate.FEATURED STORIESSPORTSGreatest ever?SPORTSFormer PBA import Anthony Grundy passes away at 40SPORTSBecoming his own man“He was on the ground, I was standing up still and I kind of just let the moment pass and I sort of regret letting the moment pass, but I’ve come a long way,” he I said. “I probably would have been suspended for the next game if I had done what I wanted to do, knowing how I’ve been treated. It was just something where I had to look out for my teammates and not hurt them even more than the 15-yard penalty and be sitting out a whole other game.“This is football. This isn’t MMA. This isn’t Street Fighter.” Duterte calls himself, Go, Cayetano ‘the brightest stars’ in PH politics Drilon apologizes to BCDA’s Dizon over false claim on designer of P50-M ‘kaldero’ Becoming his own man DTI creates Marahuyo, a luxe Filipino fashion brand for global buyers Beckham, though, has a history of violations for aggressiveness. He was suspended one game for a helmet-to-helmet hit on Carolina’s Josh Norman in 2015, and had been fined over $220,000 before his altercation with Humphrey.Beckham initially joked that his latest punishment was for $250,000, but he wouldn’t reveal the actual charge. Because of his previous offenses, this one will cost him at least $70,000 (the league’s standard for a second fight). He plans to appeal.He also offered to pay the $14,029 fine assessed Browns center JC Tretter, who came rushing to Beckham’s defense during the scuffle.Tretter said he would react the same way.“I wouldn’t have changed anything I did,” he said. “I understand the intent of the rule. … But when you have a guy mounted on top of another choking him, if the answer is ‘We want you to just stand there,’ I’ll take the fine for that. I didn’t throw a punch. I didn’t think I escalated the situation. I was there to de-escalate the situation.ADVERTISEMENT Matteo Guidicelli had saved up for Sarah G’s ring since 2014?last_img read more