In season 4 of The Crown, which dropped on Netflix on Sunday, November 14, Corrin portrays Diana between the ages of 16 and 28 — following her meeting Prince Charles, getting married, having sons and the start of the marriage falling apart.“She has no idea what she’s getting involved with,” the actress says of Diana at that point in her life. “And it was more exciting to play that, because you are showing sides of somebody people don’t know.”Prince Harry and Prince William arrive for the wedding of Prince Harry and Meghan Markle in Windsor, Berkshire, UK on May 19, 2018. ShutterstockThe England native noted that she really enjoyed acting in the early scenes “when her fashion sense was awful,” over the scenes that covered the more publicized moments of Diana’s life — like her solo trip to New York City in 1989, which was chronicled during the finale.- Advertisement – Unfortunately, Corrin will only star as the Princess of Wales for one season as Elizabeth Debicki will step into the role for the last two seasons of the series.“It’s a shame,” she told the magazine. “I’m sad about it. But I’ve moved on.”The Crown is now streaming on Netflix.Listen to Watch With Us to hear more about your favorite shows and for the latest TV news! A bit curious! Emma Corrin, who portrays a young Princess Diana on season 4 of The Crown, is curious to hear what the royal family thinks of the show — but knows it wouldn’t be easy for them to watch.“I can’t imagine,” Corrin, 24, told British GQ when asked how she thinks Prince William and Prince Harry would feel about the show. “I’m not going to say it doesn’t matter, because that would be ignorant. If someone made a programme about my grandma, who died last year, that would be difficult for me to watch.”Emma Corrin as Princess Diana and Josh O’Connor as Prince Charles in season 4 of ‘The Crown’ Des Willie/Netflix- Advertisement – The actress then noted that she is “interested to know what they think,” but would never ask. “If I ever saw them at a party, I’d probably leave!”William, 38, does not watch the show, according to Olivia Coleman, who portrays his grandmother in seasons 3 and 4.“I was so excited and asked, ‘Have you watched it?’” she revealed on The Graham Norton Show last year. “His answer was a firm, ‘No.’ But he was very charming and very lovely!”- Advertisement – – Advertisement –
Justifying the commission’s recommendations, the report stated the estimated construction date of the San Gabriel Valley projects – 2011 – was relatively late compared to other candidate projects. But the work on the 605-10 interchange is 20 years overdue, and congestion there is leading to increased traffic and pedestrian accidents on Baldwin Park’s streets, Councilwoman Marlen Garcia said. An average of 438,000 vehicles use the 605/10 interchange daily, making it the 19th busiest in the state, according to Caltrans statistics. “Our fight is not going to stop, and we will continue to lobby and meet with the people we need to meet to get this funded,” said Garcia, who leads an interchange task force composed of at least eight cities along the 10 corridor. “The traffic is not going to go away.” She said she will join Mayor Manuel Lozano and council members Anthony Bejarano and Ricardo Pacheco on a lobbying trip to Sacramento on Tuesday to ask the Transportation Commission to reinstate funding for the project. “If not, we want them to assure us that this project will be funded in the near future,” she said. “But for us, even the near future is too far away.” firstname.lastname@example.org (626) 962-8811, Ext. 2306 160Want local news?Sign up for the Localist and stay informed Something went wrong. Please try again.subscribeCongratulations! You’re all set! An upgrade to the congested San Bernardino (10) and San Gabriel River (605) freeway interchange will not receive funding until at least 2008, according to a draft report released Friday by the agency tasked with allocating state transportation money. Staffers for the California Transportation Commission are recommending approval of less than a quarter of the total $435.5 million in freeway improvements being sought for the San Gabriel Valley. Among the projects being rejected for funding are a $70.5 million flyover connector between the southbound 605 and the eastbound 10 and a $191.5 million extension of the 10 Freeway carpool lane between Citrus Avenue in West Covina and the Orange (57) Freeway. The first phase of the carpool-lane extension, from Puente Avenue in Baldwin Park to Citrus, will get a little more than half of the $173.5 million total cost of the project, according to the report. The report also left open the possibility that the second phase could be funded in 2008. The report’s recommendations, which will be debated by the commission on Tuesday, will be used as a basis to allocate a total of $2.8 billion for statewide freeway projects, part of the $20 billion transportation bond approved by California voters last November. Local officials said Friday the state’s recommendations shortchange not just the San Gabriel Valley but all of Los Angeles County, the most populous in the state. “There’s not much good news there,” said Duarte Councilman John Fasana, chairman of the transportation committee of the San Gabriel Valley Council of Governments, a local municipal lobbying group. A COG analysis of the state’s funding recommendations shows Los Angeles County received 11.8 percent of the total freeway funds available, despite comprising nearly 28 percent of the state’s population. Orange County, with 8.3 percent of the population, got 13 percent of the funding. Fasana noted that even Los Angeles’ politically powerful Westside came out on the losing end of the recommendations, with the state rejecting a bid for $730 million to add an extra carpool lane on the busy San Diego (405) Freeway between the 10 and the Ventura (101) Freeway. “Even the projects they recommend are only partially funded, leaving significant shortfalls,” Fasana said.
SHAY Given enjoyed a great night for Ireland in Dublin – and here are some great pictures from Stephen Doherty from Lansdowne Road (it’s named after an insurance company now!)Shay told Sky Sports: “It’s a historic moment. It’s been a long 16 months but we’re extremely happy obviously. We deserved it and we’ll celebrate tonight for sure.” The shot-stopper admits it was a strange night given his side’s huge 4-0 advantage from the first leg, which was extended by Stephen Ward’s first-half effort.“It was a little bit (strange), and for the crowd, because we were four goals ahead from the first leg and then five in the first half,” he said. “But we’re just going to enjoy the atmosphere now.“I think the lads deserve it, it’s been a long road, and we’ll look forward to next summer.”Our picture special comes from Stephen Doherty at Lansdowne Road. © 2011 donegaldaily.com, all Rights Reserved ©StephenDohertyThe copying, republication or redistribution of donegaldaily.com Content, including by framing or similar means, is expressly prohibited by law.Follow us on www.twitter.com/donegaldailyFollow us on www.facebook.com/donegaldailyPOLAND/UKRAINE 2012: PICTURE SPECIAL OF SHAY’S NIGHT AT LANSDOWNE was last modified: November 16th, 2011 by BrendaShare this:Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window)Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)Click to share on LinkedIn (Opens in new window)Click to share on Reddit (Opens in new window)Click to share on Pocket (Opens in new window)Click to share on Telegram (Opens in new window)Click to share on WhatsApp (Opens in new window)Click to share on Skype (Opens in new window)Click to print (Opens in new window) Tags:IrelandShay Given